5 Keys to Build an Audience of Buyers on Social
By Wm. Dexter Jones · 1 minute read
Social media is essential for any business today and it can help your business in lots of ways including spreading awareness of your brand and giving you a platform to directly contact and engage your audience.
Here’s how you can start building an active audience now:
1. Develop an Audience Growth Mindset
- Positivity attracts people, and negativity drives people away
- Be social, causal and friendly, but don’t push sales
- It takes a good amount of time to start seeing results
2. Keep Your Audience Goal Front and Center
- Each time you log on, be focused on your goals
- Ask yourself:
- Why do I want a bigger audience on social media?
- What will it do for my business?
3. Know Where to Find Your Audience
- The big five are Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube
- Each has a different character, functionality, and user base
- Ask your customers where they like to spend time online
4. Show Up Every Day and Interact
- Get started by spending a bit of time each day and creating a schedule
- Make the best use of your time by customizing your news feed
- Start small and then scale up when you start seeing results
5. Always Have a Call-to-Action
- Get your audience engaged by asking questions, sharing news and tips, or joining discussions
- Always include your CTA
- For higher engagement, find the best times to post
Use these simple tips to keep your social media strategy aligned with the over goals of the business.